Saturday, January 23, 2010

Early Life (Brad Pitt wiki)


The son of Jane Etta (née Hillhouse), a high school counselor, and William Alvin Pitt, a truck company owner, Pitt was born in Shawnee, Oklahoma.[5] Along with his siblings Doug (born 1966) and Julie Neal (born 1969),[6] he grew up in Springfield, Missouri, where the family moved soon after his birth. He was raised as a conservative Southern Baptist throughout his childhood.[7]

Pitt attended Kickapoo High School where he was a member of the golf, tennis and swimming teams. In addition, he participated in the school's Key and Forensics clubs, school debates, and musicals.[8] Following his graduation from high school, Pitt enrolled in the University of Missouri in 1982, majoring in journalism, with a focus on advertising.[8] As a member of theSigma Chi fraternity,[5] he acted in several fraternity shows.[9] In 1985, two weeks prior to earning his degree, Pitt left the university and moved to Los Angeles in order to take acting lessons.[1] When asked why he left the university, Pitt responded with the following: "I had this sinking feeling as graduation approached. I saw my friends getting jobs. I wasn't ready to settle down. I loved films. They were a portal into different worlds for me, and Missouri wasn't where movies were made. Then it hit me: If they didn't come to me, I'd go to them."[7]

1 comment: